Gum & Other Neat Stuff

In the past week I have been the aww-shucks-gosh-darn-it recipient of little blessings that, wrapped in a pretty ribbon of optimism and glorious surprise, mean a whole lot. At least for me.

My new Ipod broke (actually the headphones broke and replacing them costs almost as much as the Ipod itself). My brother gave me two of his Ipods FOR FREE!

After a grueling workout and rushing to get ready at my gym’s locker room for a lunch date while surrounded by thirty just-out-of-zumba-class women all talking at maximum volume with distinct Jersey accents (“Oh my gawd, Jenny, Dominick is learning how to wawk and tawk and drink cawfee!), I found twenty dollars in my jeans!

The cashier at CVS complimented me on my hair and I hadn’t washed it four days!

Before I get into the next one, you must know I am a gum freak. I stop at ALL, that’s right ALL, gumball machines to get at least one gumball. I always wish it to be red. I am always asking people for gum. I chew about three or four pieces at once and exchange the ghastly large wad for a new mega-piece every ten minutes. I try not to do this with sugar-free gum, as the fake sweeteners bloat and gas up my stomach like a dodge ball. I will wake up and slip a piece of gum in my mouth before coffee. I will go to sleep with gum in my mouth. I love gum. You get the point. Today I found a lone piece of gum in my purse!!!!

To know that I can pay attention to and feel warm and fuzzy appreciating the little things in life give me a whole lot of hope. It makes me relax and have faith in the areas of my life that sport a question or two. It reminds me that I will always be provided for and to just focus on doing the best that I can. The rest comes, one way or another.

Boy, I love gum!

2 comments:

Cherie Hill October 30, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

I LOVE the "little" things in life...some might just assume it's "coincidence" or by "chance"...I choose to believe it's those little things in life that bring a smile to our face that are God's gentle kisses to us...simply saying, "I know you...and I love you." Many blessings to you AJ!
In Him,
Cherie

AJ Gregory November 4, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Cherie, I'm glad you are a fan of the "little." I'm finally starting to realize those are the places God loves to operate:)